Fraction Pizzas


I did this activity last year and my kids loved it.  We were working on identifying fractions.  I used my Cricut and cut a ton of little pieces such as:  yellow rectangles for cheese, brown circles for sausages, red circles for pepperoni, green rectangles for green peppers, etc....  The students had to use several different ingredients and place them on their pizza. 

The pizza was just a brown circle cut out, and divided into six equal sections.  Little Caesar's Pizza was generous enough to donate the boxes.  The students glued their pizza onto a pre-cut (size of the pizza box) black paper, because I wanted it to show up.  I then hot glued plastic silverware inside the box on both sides of the pizza.  The students had to write all of their ingredients in fraction form on white paper, and it was glued to the inside top of the pizza box. 

I then, hot glued the pizza boxes open to the wall and to the bulletin board.  Everyone loved them, but especially the kids. 
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
eXTReMe Tracker
 

Copyright 2011 Amazing Classroom Blog is proudly powered by blogger.com