3rd Grade ELA Common Core Standards Management System

 Ok! So I am super excited about my newest creation that I plan on using with my third graders this upcoming year.  I am glad that I am finished and have already started putting the teacher and students' folders together. 


Basically, with the common core standards being implemented:
  •  I wanted a guaranteed way that I would cover all of the standards.  
  • I wanted a way to plan and track my teaching. 
  • I wanted to be able to keep track of which standards the students had mastered.
  •   I also implemented an incentive system where students can earn "award badges" for each of the ELA common core standards that they master.
  • In our district we have to post all of our objectives in student friendly terms.  Usually this is done first thing in the morning.  I wanted an easier way, so in this packet I created an objective poster for every ELA common core standard in student friendly terms so I will never have to write an objective on the board again.  
  • All of the posters are divided by standard so they are easily accessible. 
Here is a look at my Standards Management System

These are the students' checklist pages.  Students have to master all parts of a standard to earn the corresponding award badge.  The award badges are worth between 1 and 9 points.  I am going to highlight each part of the standard when it's mastered.  When the section is all yellow, the student will earn the award badge for that standard and place it on his/her map.
These are the award badges that the students earn when they master the different standards.  They will glue these on their maps when they meet a standard. 
These are the student friendly objective posters that cover EVERY 3rd Grade ELA Common Core Standard.  You'll never need to write objectives on your board again, you can post these instead!  If you are worried about all the printing in color, check out this blog post about the cheapest ink and best printer I have found for teachers.  Ink is under $1.00 per cartridge.




This is one of the many student friendly objective posters to post in your room.  



These are the students "Maps to Success" where they will collect and earn their award badges.  Each number on the map corresponds to a badge designated by the key.  When a student masters that given standard, you in return give them the corresponding badge to glue on his/her map.  I am going to have a set time where I give out badges in groups about once every two weeks or so.
This is the front page of the Teacher's Planning Packet.  This is a separate planning folder for the teacher which is different than the students' checklist pages.
These are the teacher planning pages.  Every 3rd Grade ELA standard is listed in this teacher planning packet.  There are areas for you to put the date(s) that you taught the standard and what activities you did.  There is also a teacher's notes section and an area to place names of the students in your class that may still be struggling with this concept.







This Standards Management System was created by me and is 181 pages in length.  If you are a member of AmazingClassroom, you may log in and download this entire packet for your classroom as I have uploaded it to the website.  

If you wish to become a member of AmazingClassroom and enjoy all of the teaching resources, you may click here to sign up now.  Click the register button on the home page.

If you do not wish to join AmazingClassroom.com at this time, you can find this in my TN store for $10.00. This is for 3rd Grade ELA.


My next step will be to create the 3rd Grade Standards Management System for Math, but I am probably going to take a day or two break as it took me what seems like forever to create this.  


If you think that you could use something like this in your classroom, for your grade level, let me know by leaving a comment.  These will be the grade levels that I will be working on in the near future. 






◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
eXTReMe Tracker
 

Copyright 2011 Amazing Classroom Blog is proudly powered by blogger.com