ISTE 2012 Here We Come!

      I am so excited I can't sleep!  I didn't think I would be this excited, but I am.  A five hour plane flight will leave plenty of room to sleep, right?  I will probably make flipchart lessons and/or resource packs until my computer battery dies and then maybe I'll nap.  Today's journey starts with our ISTE registration, hotel check-in, and then we are off to the USS Midway Aircraft Carrier for a tour, a wine and cheese reception along with wonderful keynote speakers held by my favorite interactive whiteboard company - Promethean!

       I am so excited to bring back wonderful technology tips and tricks to use in my classroom.  I am even attending a SMART Notebook workshop.....I can hear some of my teacher colleagues getting squeamish as they read this, but yes - it's true!  I have had a bunch of requests for Smart Board Lessons, so I am in the process, along with my husband of recreating them for Smart Board teachers.  They will be available on the site soon.  

      Maybe I can even teach a Smart Notebook and an ActivInspire course at the METC next year.  That will throw people for a loop won't it?  I think it would be fun to stir things up.  The whole competition thing between the two (even when you talk to teachers ) is like Mac or Pc, Republican or Democrat, Smart or Promethean?  I think I will utilize both to mix things up! In fact, they both have great qualities, if the two were put together it would be the BEST software ever.  

      Notebook 11 just added an Activity Builder Container component which does the same job as Inspire; however, it is much quicker to use.  ActivInspire's object  browser though can't be beat with it's ability to see every object on the page and quickly move objects from one layer to the other. 

     Anyway, back to flipchart making.  No time to sleep!  I had about 10 dreams of how I missed my plane, so I am a little freaked out to go to bed.  I would hate to not hear my alarm.  Enough of me rattling on.  Stay tuned for updates and I will pass all my knowledge gained from ISTE on to you!
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
eXTReMe Tracker
 

Copyright 2011 Amazing Classroom Blog is proudly powered by blogger.com