A Look at Some of my Reading and Math Centers

Here is a look at some of my last year reading and math stations.  I actually incorporate math throughout reading and reading throughout math.  I think it's boring to do solely reading for 90 minutes, especially if the students are struggling.  Breaking the stations up, makes it fun and adds variety to the day.  My students also enjoyed our chairs (exercise balls) last year.  Every student had one thanks to our local church partner, a couple of parents, and myself.   I think I will stick to using these all next year as well.  I am incorporating even more centers for this upcoming year, but will have to wait to post due to our building being closed temporarily for asbestos abatement.  I am jealous of all of these classroom pics I see.  Can't wait to get into my room to get started!
Fractions made with AmazingClassroom clip art. 
Playing a Mailbox Game called "Elapsed Time."
Here is the game with a better view.
Playing Geometry Match-Up found on Amazing Classroom















Listening to Reading with Leap Pads sometimes I choose the book, other times they get to choose.        


Pineapples addition game made from Spongebob Cricut Cartridge.






Creating a story with Storybird during a center rotation.















◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
eXTReMe Tracker
 

Copyright 2011 Amazing Classroom Blog is proudly powered by blogger.com