Leveling your Books for the Upcoming Year

Thanks to my walking buddy and teaching colleague, Mrs. Self I learned about Scholastic's Teaching Book Wizard.   With this free online tool you can type in the title of any book and get the lexile and/or reading level of the book.  This is a great way to sort my library for next year, so I started working on it this evening.  I have found the levels for over 50 chapter books so far and there was only one book that the Book Wizard didn't recognize.  I created some level labels that I am putting on the back cover of each book.  They are color coded.  They are circular, but I just cut them out in squares and used clear tape to adhere them to the outsides of my chapter books.  This way I can tell students which "color" books they should look for to read.  I am attaching the labels in case you can find use for them.  The first six pages say Lexile on them, and the last six pages say Level on them, depending on which you prefer to use.  
 Click here to go to Scholastic's Teacher Book Wizard
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
eXTReMe Tracker
 

Copyright 2011 Amazing Classroom Blog is proudly powered by blogger.com